Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Countdown to Knitmas - Day 3!

Yesterday I was asked to make 2 Christmas stockings and so today I thought I would share with you some of my favorite stocking patterns that I found on Ravelry. I believe that knitting and crocheting makes the best stockings, because it makes a stretchy fabric, great for stuffing!

If like me, you received a last minute request for a couple stockings, hopefully this will help!

First is the pattern I used to make matching stockings for me and my husband 2 years ago:

Last Minute Stockings by Ysolda Teague:


I like their simple design and the fact that she gives you 3 options of motifs to decorate the top. My stocking is red with snowflakes on it, and my husband's is green with a tree!

This is the stocking that I knit this year for my new nephew and that I now need to make 2 more of:
Stuff it Stocking by Heather Walpole:

This stocking was so much fun to knit, I love the stripes and the yarn is so fun and nice to work with! Also, Ewe Ewe Wooly worsted comes in tons of fun colors, so you can make traditional Red White and Green or mix it up!

Polka Dot Christmas Stocking by Pricilla Hewitt:


For you crocheters out there! I really love these stockings, they look so adorable! I want to make some and I don't even have a reason.

Falling Snow Stocking by Jennifer Hoel:


This one is fancy! If you want to play around with colorwork, imagine how beautiful this one will look hanging above the fireplace!



The simple and clean design and tiny pop of color make this one so pretty! I love the look of it in a nice winter white!

Last but not least. another crocheted stocking!


This stocking is so holly and jolly it just makes me smile!

No comments: