Friday, December 12, 2014

Countdown to Knitmas: Day 12

 As we make gifts for our loved ones, choosing the right color can be a great challenge. It is nice to have some guideline. I like to default to declarations made by Pantone.

The Pantone color of the year for 2015 is Marsala (PANTONE 18-1438). It is a lovely burgundy that leans toward the purple/brown side of that hue. I am thrilled because that is a great color for me (and I think many others). It is a color that can appear rich and feminine as well as refined and masculine.

Color of the Year 2015
Color Forecast for 2015

I left this selection of colors in the Marsala family on the table in the shop. Coe see for your self or share your interpretations of this color.
If you want to read more about this color choice - 
1. Pantone Color of the Year - page 1, page 2, and page 3
2. A closer examination 
3. Some pretty fashion items to go with your knits
4. A Dissenting Voice

Happy Needling,
Anne

No comments: