Thursday, September 11, 2014

New Yarns!

Today I want to feature 2 news yarns that we have gotten in here at Anacapa Fine Yarns recently! We love the changing of the seasons, because that means new yarns start showing up! For me personally, the change from Summer to Fall is my favorite. The weather gets a little more cool (although not yet, at least in Ventura!) and we as knitters and crocheters get the opportunity to wear our beautiful handmade items!

The first new yarn is from Regia, and it's called Stripemania!
 This is a new fun sock yarn that stripes itself, and one of my favorite things about it is that it is a DK weight! That means bigger needles, faster knitting, and nice, warm, happy socks to wear this Fall!

Here's a picture to show how it stripes up as you knit:

The second new yarn is another that I am really excited about, Berroco Ultra Alpaca CHUNKY!

We all know and love the original Berroco Ultra Alpaca, as well as Ultra Alpaca Light, and Ultra Alpaca Fine. When I heard that they were coming out with a chunky version, I knew I had to cast on something right away when it came in! I chose a gorgeous forest green color and cast on for a little baby cardi.

Swing by the shop soon and check out some of these great new yarns, and maybe start planning some gift knitting!

No comments: