Friday, December 20, 2013

Countdown to Knitmas: Day 20!


Dante is getting these sweet elf slippers. There are lots of patterns on Ravelry that use this concept, a square knitted from the corner out. I used this one and changed it to fit his foot length; his foot measure 6 inches, so, I increased to 52 sts or until one of the edges of the square measured 6 inches ( and wrote that st. count down for the mate). When it came time to decrease, I decreased until I was down to approx. 22% of my total (12 sts). I used a Self striping colorway of Plymouth Worssted. I could probably make another pair from what remains which might be a good choice to save the frustration of future lost slippers.

This project is quite quick, especially when you are dealing with still smallish feet.

Here are some other cool ones that use the same concept:
3. CFSJ-Pantoufles lutin (This one is in French, but I like the Pompoms.)

Happy Holiday Needling,
Anne



No comments: